ever notice how every one has the same new year's resolution?
it's always to lose weight and exercise (sometimes more).
for some reason it bothers me. i feel like people aren't looking at the whole picture. what a lot of them don't realize is that in order to lose weight, you don't have to excercise for 2 hours twice a day, honestly you could just skip exercise completely. do i agree with that? no, heck no lol exercise is good fro your body, joints, heart, mental state of mind, everything.
diet is 80% diet, and 20% exercise.
kind of scary when you find that out right? if you were anything like me, *cough cough, carb queen*, then this is probably news to you. i didn't realize this until last year when i found out about the paleo diet. and now i'm not telling you to start eating paleo, i would never tell anyone to do that unless they really wanted to. paleo is just what helped me become healthy and stop eating processed food.
so if you trying to be a little healthier, try these 5 things and let me know if you notice a difference:
1. divide your weight in half and that's how many ounces of water your body needs, if you exercise you may need more. ex: technically i need 60 ounce, but because i exercise, i instead drink, 99 ounces
2. try to add 1-2 cups of veggies to each meal, they are good for you and surprisingly filling,
3. cut back on sweets, make smoothies or buy one of these:
it takes frozen fruit and blends it up to the consistency of froyo (you can imagine how excited Chumly was when he found out i got one), it takes away your craving of sweets easily and its healthy so you don't feel bad if you have if multiple days in a row :) (like Chum Chum wants to do)
4. get more sleep. they say 7-8 is a good amount, but let's be honest, it all really depends on you and your body. some need more than others, some really don't need much. but why not get the right amount? it improves your skin, and how you feel during the day
5. and last but not least, exercise :) get out there, move. do anything that makes you happy. find what makes you happy. walk, run, bike, dance, do yoga or pilates, weight lift, etc. any movement is better than none.
and yes, your body will thank you :)
i was watching Dr. Oz one day, and
i can't remember what the episode was about they made these drinks :
you might need to click on it to make it bigger......they looked good to me lol it's suppose to be for a 3 day cleanse, but do it whenever, see which you like best, switch ingredients up to the ones you like.
i would personally just drink it once a day not three times lol i like food for my fuel not drinks.
is your resolution to be healthier?
what do you do to stay healthy?